House shaped boxes made with Cricut Explore Air 2 as #christmascountdown Advent Calendar DIY. Head on!
Ever since I’ve started this blog, I’ve had an actual “excuse” to go completely wild and spend a gigantic amount of time planning Christmas projects, and actually creating them. So, every year I would plan a shit load of diys (decorations, gifts, recipes, everything..), despite knowing that the time I have on my hands just simply won’t cut it haha. Knowing this, the fact that ad advent calendar diy was in the plans for a year or two shouldn’t come as a surprise.
I went back and forth like a million times (I had the time for that haha) with how I wanted the advent calendar to look. Christmas lights, stockings, ornaments, paper bags, house shaped boxes… Then I thought about what I wanted to actually put in them, what kind of treats for each day do I want. There were a lot of ideas on Pinterest (duh!), candy, chocolate bars, some even made their bigger and filled them with all sorts of gifts (like pretty socks, necklace, cool notebook, stuff like that). Pretty amazing. Also, this is also a great gift idea for someone you love (I know I’d love a gift made of 25 smaller gifts one for each day, I mean come on!).
I’ve settled on making mini house shaped boxes for the advent calendar, I was certain that it will look just adorable (and that it does, and that it does). I went for white houses with bows in different colors for each house. I wanted a cleaner, yet still fun and colorful look of the advent calendar overall, and I think I got just that.
As for the treats, I opted for candy, mini chocolate bars, chocolate balls and stuff. This was also perfect cause I’m trying to cut down the amount of chocolate and sugar I eat, and having just that tiny little treat each day will certainly help me with my efforts.
Okay now let’s get to it!
#cricutmade Christmas Advent Calendar DIY.
– Cricut Explore Air 2 (Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air)
– White Card Stock Paper
– Yarn threads in different colors (or ribbon will also look great)
– whatever stuff you want to put in
1. Download your free house shaped box template below!
2. Upload the template in your cricut design space. Set the size to the house shaped box template to 5.5 inches height (that’s the size of my house boxes, but you can resize it to your preferences).
3. Let your Cricut cut 25 house shaped boxes..
4. Press and fold each side of the house as well as the roof. Glue everything together, except that one side of the roof where the windows are so that you can actually open the box to put stuff in and then take the stuff out.
5. Put whatever it is you’re putting in each boxes, and then tie a pretty bow closing the house (on the roof).
This advent calendar might be one of my favorite Christmas diys, at least this year that is! Are you making one yourself this year? Tell me all about it in comments! And if you’re making one inspired by this one here, then again, share it on Instagram using #artysdiylife so I can find you and see it! This is gonna be so much fuuun!
PIN IT LIKE IT’S HOT!