If you’re crafty + all about leaving a personal touch (especially when gifting), than man do I got some fine Christmas Gifts DIY ideas for you my friend! Head on below to see if there’s something that’d make a great gift for your friend(s).
Don’t you just love the holiday season?
Especially if you’re creative and love love love crafting things yourself! It’s absolutely The Season for making all sorts of things, from ornaments and holiday-inspired meals and desserts, to shit load of different decorations and gifts. Since those of us who really love the season have already started getting ready for it (like at least two months ago), I figured it’d be nice if I joined in and make my own creative contribution to the holiday. And giving people awesome gifts does bring a lot of joy, right? But can you imagine all the more fun when you’re actually making them yourself?
Below are 3 really easy to make + affordable Christmas Gifts DIY ideas for you to make for your friend(s). Or for yourself!
Christmas Gifts DIY Ideas.
1. Christmas Gift DIY // Copper Bookmark Triangles DIY.
This would make a perfect gift for your pal who loves books, reading, planning, organizing and whatnot, and you can find the tutorial here.
2. Christmas Gift DIY // Pom Pom Gloves DIY.
– Gloves (I got the ones featured here in Terra Nova, but you can find nice ones here in pretty much every color)
– 4 Pom Poms (when making the pom poms, leave the thread you’re gonna tie them up with a bit longer)
– 4 Wool/Yarn Threads
1. If you didn’t leave longer threads when making the pom poms, put one (around 10 cm long) in a needle, and “slide” it through the center of the pom pom, and then do that again for the other end of the thread.
2. Once all of your pom poms have longer threads, start “sewing”. All you need to do is put each of the two threads of each of the pom pom through the gloves (by using your needle), and then tie them firmly (this will be on the inside of the gloves). Do this for each of the pom poms, cut the excess thread and that’s it!
3. Christmas Gifts DIY //Colorful Beanies Ornaments.
I actually made some beanies/winter hats & posted them on the blog last year. But, at that time I only had yarn in white, gray (light and dark shades). Since I’ve bought yarn in pretty much every color and shade, I obviously made beanies in (almost) all the colors. My bestie Maria actually really helped me out with them, it was one of the best Friday nights. I mean there aren’t many things that can top a low-key weekend night with your friend, a bottle of wine and Christmas-inspired crafts.
You can learn hot to make these adorable little beanies right here, and I’m willing to bet that your Christmas-loving buddy will totally love these as a gift.
So, which one of these are you making for your friend/special someone? Or perhaps for yo’self?