Wall Decor // Add some personality and festivity to your home by making this effortless and budget-friendly Faux Antlers DIY! Your wall’s gonna thank u. Head on below for the tutorial (not that you need one, but still…)
I realize that I say this about pretty much all of the DIY projects I share with you guys here, but seriously, this faux antlers DIY is suuuuuuper easy. Like the bras bolt candle holders, this one too isn’t exactly a DIY project, but more like “Uh-uh, I’ve found this random thing that I think I can use as something-something”. However, this is not actually mine, it’s my Angela’s (the sister) awesome idea that happened totally accidentally.
So, Angela wanted to find some branches, spray them with a gold spray, put them in this whiskey bottle she has, and display them somewhere in her room. It’s a pretty effortless and totally affordable way to add a little style to a corner (she wasn’t sure where exactly she wanted this to go). However, this one branch she found looked a lot like antlers of some kind, and it didn’t exactly fit the whiskey bottle… Angela was kinda disappointed that it didn’t fit, cause she really loved the antlers-resemblance (we both did). And she was like, holding the branch in her hand, and said something like “Where do I put this now?”… As she was holding the branch and moving it around the room (to try and figure out what to do with it and where) the idea of it on the wall came to her mind. She held the antler on the wall, we both looked at it and it wasn’t half bad!
She fixed it on the wall and at first, the branch looked very much like it can use some company… and when you wanna make something look more fun and/or add a little color, you add some pom poms!
So, Faux Antlers DIY.
– a branch resembling antlers (or two branches, and you yourself make them look like antlers)
– gold spray (or in color of your choosing)
– yarn in 3 different colors
– pom pom maker
– picture hanging strips)
1. Spray the branch(es) with the desired spray color and let it dry (for the time needed, according to the instructions).
2. Make 3 (or as much as you need/want) pom poms (Angela made one of them 4 cm, and the other two 3 cm large). Connect them all with one yarn thread (leave some thread on both sides).
3. Tie the pom poms around the branch, like Angela did, or you can even put some more, smaller, on the actual antlers and make it look even more festive, do as you like, after all, it’s you who’ll be hanging around with this thing and looking at it, so…
4. Secure the antlers on the wall with the picture hanging strips (in case you don’t want the strip to be seen, cover it with the pom poms).
Weirdly enough, and totally coincidental, this faux antler DIY post kinda complements the previous post I’ve written and shared with you guys, the really long one from last week in creativity… There really isn’t a wrong or right way to be creative. The important thing is that you allow yourself to do so, relax and have a little fun with it, and who know? Maybe you’ll end up making something super great or coming up with some kickass idea… Even if you think what you made is crappy, hey, you’ll see what you did wrong, learn from it and be better next time!
Anyways, how did you guys like this idea? Any other totally unexpected decor ideas you have? Share them with the rest of us in this little community, either in comments or on Instagram using #artysdiylife or #artyscrafts! I’d love to see them all! <3
And of course, don’t forget to pin it & share this with your Pinterest Buds!