Baking Shit // Pretty Darn Quick’n’Easy Banana Bread Muffins with Strawberries. Head on below for the recipe.
I think that if I say that the kitchen to me is what the big city is for the sheep (remember the cartoon?), that wouldn’t be the biggest lie. Okay, I may be exaggarating a little, nevertheless, there’s serious amount of shit I don’t get when it comes to cooking. But, that certainly doesn’t mean that I can’t start small and get to the top, right? (I’m looking at you Mr. Massimo Bottura). Hence, the simple, close-to-impossible-to-miss recipes (although, I don’t want to provoke karma in any way with this).
Anyway, I prepped these delicious little banana bread muffins for the first time a few months ago (got them right and everything). Some of my friends were coming over to watch this Annual Awards thing called the Golden Ladybug, and it felt like the right time to demonstrate my baking-shit skills. They all tried them, and liked them. No one felt sick, no one threw up, no one died, so I’ll say job well done.
*Note Personally, I love that their texture is rich and naturally moist, and they make for a perfect breakfast, just as they’re perfect for low-key friends getting-together.
Continue below for the Banana Bread Muffins with Strawberries Recipe.
Banana Bread Muffins with Strawberries Recipe.
Time // Around 30 Minutes
Serves // 12 Muffins
– 2 Large Bananas
– 2 Eggs
– 1/2 Cup Sour Cream (140 gr.)
– 4 Tablespoons Honey
– 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour (200 gr.)
– 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
– Strawberries (around 20 strawberries, for the muffins + for styling)
Heart-Shaped Strawberries // First, let’s go over the instructions as to how to get your heart-shaped strawberries. Which is like insanely easy. Just check out the photo right below.
Finally, the muffins recipe.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or a spoon.
3. Add the eggs, and using the fork/spoon, whisk them together.
4. Add the cream, and whisk again, and then add the honey. Mix all together.
5. Put the flour and the baking soda and mix everything. Don’t worry if you have lumps in the mixture, that’s normal.
6. Fill your muffin pan with the mixture, by using a spoon. Sprinkle some strawberries (cut in small pieces) on top of each.
7. Bake them for 20 minutes.
8. Once they’re all done, first separate them from the pan with a knife. Do this slowly, you don’t want to ruin them. Let them cool for couple of minutes, and then remove them from the pan (they should be “getting out” real easy, once you’ve helped them a little with the knife).
9. And serve!
What do you think? Any interesting muffin recipe you wanna share? Hit comments, I’d love to give it a try! And, also, if you fancied this, don’t forget to show your love by sharing it with your palls.