Enjoying the perks of spring before it’s completely packed and gone with this Delicious Strawberry Cappuccino Cake.
Every spring, I make this real easy and seriously delicious no-bake, just-refrigerate, fruit cake (wow, if I’d continued rhyming here, what a poem that would be). Actually, last year (around Easter) I’ve shared the original recipe that I follow every time we make the cake, which you can find if you jump here. But, this year I decided to change it a little. I remembered this one time, I was over at one of my besties’, and her mother had made this great cake, with biscuits, strawberries and cappuccino. It had such an easy texture, it’s very similar to the one I was making all these years, and yet the little changes that she made, made such a big difference. I enjoyed the cappuccino cake so much, and since spring’s slowly packing and about to leave, why not savor its perks, before summer kicks in.
the Strawberry Cappuccino Cake.
– 400 gr (14 oz) Biscuits
– 1 Cup Instant Chocolate Cappuccino
– 500 gr (18 oz) Strawberries (sliced)
– 200 ml (7 oz) Heavy Cream
– 80 gr (2.8 oz) Whipped Cream
– 4 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons Sugar
1. Cut the strawberries in small slices.
2. Follow the instructions of the cappuccino powder you have (the bag of mine says 4 teaspoons of the powder for 1 cup of cappuccino) and make it. If needed, add some sugar (I added 2 teaspoons). When done, pour it in a wider bowl.
3. While waiting for the cappuccino to cool off a little, prep the creams in two separate bowls. I added 2 tablespoons sugar for each.
4. Soak each biscuit in the cappuccino, and start laying them on the plate. What I’m making here is a somewhat smaller cake (at least compared to what my mom used to make), it’s around 20 cm to 20 cm (around 7.5 to 7.5 inches).
5. When the first layer of biscuits is done, spread the heavy cream across the surface. Sprinkle over (the entire layer) the sliced strawberries (each layer should have around 120 gr/ 4 oz strawberries), and then cover them with the whipped cream.
6. Repeat these with all of the layers (Don’t ask me why, I’m not gonna know the answer, but I’ve made 2 layers with strawberries (like explained in step 5), then one layer of just the biscuits soaked in cappuccino + the heavy cream, and then the last layer biscuits, whipped cream and sliced strawberries on top).
7. Refrigerate for couple of hours and serve.
And what’s your go-to spring dessert? Share it in comments, I’d love to check it out (and even try it out)!