the Ice Cream Coffee // Combining two of my favorite things into one delicious drink, and bringing summer right into the jar.
Isn’t coffee one of the best things ever? Ice cream too, of course. It’s a tie with these two.
I am a long-time coffee addict, and my day simply can’t start without a black bitter cup of coffee. Actually, of course it can, it’s not up to me to decide whether the day starts or not based on if I had my morning cup, duh. But, let’s just say, without it, it doesn’t start quite the best way. Isn’t it weird how things work? I mean, there are people who don’t drink coffee, like, at all, and all is great. Me, on the other hand, I seriously have headache if I don’t drink that morning cup. When we give things meaning and depth, they have quite the power, don’t they?
Anyway, since summer’s just around the corner (exciting days ahead), I thought it would be fun to step up my coffee game a little by bringing summer right into the jar. And, what screams summer more than I scream? (see what I did there? Although, it is quite obvious, so not my finest moment). This is one hell of an easy drink, so head on below for the Ice Cream Coffee what-s and how-to-s.
Ice Cream Coffee.
Time to Prep // 10 Minutes
Serves // 2
– 200 ml (6.7 oz) Brewed Coffee
– 5 Scopes Stracciatella Ice Cream
– 100 ml (3.3 Oz) Milk
– Ice (4/5 cubes for each coffee)
– Whipped Cream
1. Prep your granulated coffee (instant; I used Nescafe).
2. In a blender, mix together coffee, milk and 3 scoops of ice cream.
3. Pour chocolate topping on the inside of the jar, put 4-5 ice cubes, and pour the mixture.
4. Add a scope of ice cream in each of the jars.
5. Decorate with whipped cream + chocolate topping.
6. And serve!
And how are you bringing summer into the jar (or glass, or cup, what have you..)? Hit comments, and write all about it, I’d love to hear your thoughts.