Close-to-Effortless and Beyond Delicious – Chicken in Parmesan + Mushrooms Sauce.
When in doubt, chicken. This is kinda unofficially a, let’s call it, rule that I follow when trying to decide what to eat. And it works out all the better if I’m actually starving and can’t afford to “try new things” cause yeah, I can love them, but if not, I will stab someone. Obviously exaggerating for the sake of the joke, but really, starving people do get a little insane-y. Anyways, I’m always interested in trying out recipes and meals with chicken, and this one here is absolutely to die for. It’s both fairly simple to prep & deliciously creamy. I had Angela, Rebecca & dad to try it, and not only did no one of them died, I actually received compliments too. Quite a day is all I’m saying. Head on below for the recipe.
Chicken in Parmesan + Mushrooms Sauce.
– 400 gr Chicken Breasts
– 200 gr Mushrooms
– 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
– 2 Tablespoons Butter
– 3/4 garlic cloves
– 1 1/2 Tablespoons Flour
– Chicken Broth
– 200 ml Heavy Cream
– 2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
– Dried Basil
– Garlic Powder
1. Start by prepping everything: wash & cut the mushrooms to thin slices; beat the chicken breasts a little, cut them into smaller pieces; wash and cut the garlic into tiny pieces… Basically, prep the hell out.
2. Spread a little olive oil in the skillet & cook the chicken on both sides for a few minutes, or until it becomes sorta golden. You know. When done, remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a plate (with paper tissue beneath so that it absorbs the extra oil), and set aside.
3. Now cook the mushrooms for several minutes, then set aside.
4. SAUCE TIME! Melt the butter, and then add the garlic. Saute for several minutes, then add the flour. Stir until it becomes thick, and then add the chicken broth, the heavy cream, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Whisk everything nicely for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms, whisk, then add the chicken, and stir a little (you can also grab a spoon and spread some of that sauce on top of the chicken).
5. Bon AppetiEAT!