5 Articles that are at least 7 times more interesting than what’s on your shampoo bottle.
1. Ever since I’ve started this blog, it instantly became clear how important social media for me as a blogger is. I’ve been constantly trying to improve my social media game, to frow my audience, to build an engaged community and whatnot. All the while, managing to stay true to myself and what my blog represents. I’ve found that Instagram suits me best, so I’ve been focusing most of my time and energy there. While I’ve made a lot of progress when it comes to the amount of posts, the quality of my posts, photos, stories, the quality of the content and so on, I can’t say that the number of followers is progressing with the same speed. And a while ago, this troubled me in a way, like, why there aren’t more people noticing my shit, you know? It’s only natural that your mind will somehow wander there.
But, so then I’ve started thinking, there are loads of accounts that I’ve stumbled upon on Instagram that have, like, million followers, and so I’d follow them to see what the fuss is all about. Only to find that these are very impersonal accounts, do-it-for-the-likes types. And no hard feelings, I don’t mean this the wrong way, we all do what we think it’s best. But, I can’t connect with these people in any way. And it’s probably not just me. Their followers are probably not engaged in any way with their content, too. On the other hand, there are people, bloggers, businesses, that I can’t wait to see what they’re up to, what their latest post is about, how are they spending their time, what’s their new product. I can connect to these people, I can trust them on certain matters and that brings the actual value.
And, so I promised myself that I will no longer care about how much followers I have. As long as I bring value to the table for my followers, something that they can relate to & benefit in some way from it, as long as they engage with what I’m putting out, I don’t care how many are there. I don’t know if I explained how I feel about this well enough… luckily we have my man Gary here on how Followers Can Be Absolutely Everything or Absolutely Nothing.
Wow, this wasn’t short. Don’t worry, I’ll do the following 4 much quicker, I promise.
2. With mother’s day just around the corner, it’s just about the right time for some last-minute DIY inspiration. And Ashley from Sugar and Cloth shared this awesome (and simple to make) sugar scrub as a guest on Cupcakes and Cashmere. My two all time favorite bloggers working together, so exciting! Anyway, the awesome sugar scrub here.
3. I’ve been wanting to get me some white jeans for a while now, but I never seem to make myself actually try one to begin with. A white jean often translates as complicated in my head, but over at the EveryGirl I’ve found some great tips as to how to wear white jeans in the most flattering way. I might just end up buying one after all.
4. Ever since I’ve watched Iris, the documentary about Iris Apfel I was impressed by her cojones. She’s a little less than 100 years, and yet she dresses at least 100 times cooler than me! Her boldness is inspiring, but okay, I mean she’s an actual fashion icon. Then, there’s this 63 year old teacher, who isn’t a fashion icon, but is just as easily mistaken for being one. Which is exactly what happened, and it has turned her life upside down (in the best of ways), inspiring her to start her own blog called Accidental Icon. Such an uplifting story.
5. Just because something sounds somewhat stupid, doesn’t mean that it isn’t true. Over at the Bright Side, they’ve selected 21 Ridiculous Facts that are Absolutely True.