Awesome Reads from Around // 5 Awesome Articles // Digital Pets, Album Covers, Water Bubbles, Lying vs. Truth and GIVEAWAY.
1. Okay 90s kids, a question for you! Do you remember the cute little digital pets we used to take (everywhere we’d go and) good care of? You know, before cell phones, apps and social media took over. Simpler days. While I don’t quite remember what was the name of mine, I do remember obsessing with it. This one time, my friend Mara (we’ve been friends for a little less than 25 years, we’re getting drunk for our 25th anniversary, I’ll bet) and myself were rollerblading on the streets while feeding and nurturing our digital pets. We should’ve watch where we were going, but no! The pets needed us. And guess what’s happening now. Apparently, the original digital pet Tamagochi is being re-released! Am I crazy for wanting to buy one of these and relieve the simple & happy childhood memories? Check the news here.
2. Several years ago I had these framed records hanged in my room (Bob Dylan’s Desire, Doors – 13 Classics, and Led Zeppelin’s In Through the Out Door, yep, rock’n’roll back then). I didn’t have a record player (still haven’t got one, but I have my mind on a Crosley), so I figured it would look dope on the wall. The album covers were cool, so… It’ll do. Now, of course, not all album covers are cool and/or worth hanging on the wall. I wonder if a record, unlike book, can be judged by its cover? I’ll bet you judge this collection of worst album covers ever? And once you checked them out, come back and let’s talk about the gay dogs, and the Dick Black, okay?
3. We’re all familiar with what plastic does. It takes years to decompose, so it just sits there where we left it, releasing a shit-fuck of chemicals that pollutes the soil, water, it kills millions of fish, it’s no good. But, don’t worry. There is a group of really smart and innovative people called Skipping Rocks Lab who have invented water bubbles (instead of a plastic bottle) and wait-for-it, the are edible! Whaat?
4. All people lie at some point in their lives. I’m not saying pathologically, and lying about big, important things, hiding some huge truth or anything, but as we go about our businesses, we do tell a few lies along the way. Whether it’s about “loving” the movie our significant other has chosen for the night, or the meal that someone made for you, or I don’t know, “this washing powder can 100% remove that stain on your blouse!”… B*tch this’s been on the blouse for ages, it’s not going away with the powder, it goes away with the trash, okay? I’m sorry I called you b*tch, I know you’re just doing your job, sorry okay? Anyway, over at the Bright Side, they’ve made a 13 pieces hilarious collection of what would happen if we actually told the truth.
5. At a risk of sounding boring as hell, I’m gonna use this to encourage you (once again) to subscribe to my email list which will “enroll” you in the Instax Mini 8 Birthday Giveaway. Today (until tonight) is your last chance to participate in the giveaway and (if you’re lucky, and something tells me you are) win the Instax Mini 8. So, here’s everything you need to know. Let’s do this!