5 Awesome Articles that are at least 7 times more fun to read than what’s on your shampoo bottle.
1. I’ve been in an on-and-off relationship with mindfulness meditation for several years now. While I can’t say that I’m 100% different person thanks to it, and this is solely because I lacked the discipline to be consisted with it, it sure helped me shift my mind and change the way I approach things in life in. It has helped me find some piece and quiet, when my mind felt like being on a concert of this unbearably loud and not at all good heavy metal band in a 15 square feet room. I don’t even like heavy metal bands that are good. So… It has taught me that I don’t have to interact with every dumb thought that pops on my mind. Cause the mind can wander places, but it’s up to me to decide whether it’s place I’d actually enjoy hangin’ out or not. It has showed me what actually being present in the moment means, and how to practice staying focused. But being mindful isn’t just about meditation, you know, in the traditional way. It’s about noticing what you’re doing, how does it make you feel, acknowledging shit around, without judgment, but rather with compassion. There are many techniques that can help you become more mindful, which are actually quite simple and can be incorporated in even the most busiest of days. I’ve stumbled upon this article (it’s a little older, but it is great) which will show you 7 simple mindful habits that will sure benefit you a lot!
2. Celebrities sleeping with each other and the whole story behind that catches everyone’s eyes when nicely packed in a huge-letters title. I mean, we all love to know what or who our favorite people from Steve the TV are doing. And, every now and then, a totally random, non-celebrity fella will manage to sleep with a celebrity, and it often goes unnoticed. But when this Average dude scores with more celebrities than Taylor Swift, than that’s something. Check out that story (yes, photos included) here. Man, this guy has just my kind of humor.
3. A few years ago my friends and I went in Maria’s country house for a quick 2 days getaway. Since it was summer, we spent the whole day out in the yard, barbecuing and laying on the grass and whatnot. But, then nights tend to get chilly, so we improvised and made this fire pit, with stones we found around to surround the pit. And we all sat around the fire, roasting potatoes, talking, laughing. It was so much fun. But, I think what contributed a lot to the night and our hang-out kickin’ ass was the fire, especially given how we almost never hang out by it just ’cause. There’s something almost magical about it – sitting under the stars, our faces slightly lightened and warmed, the sizzling sounds, roasted snacks and whatnot. It’s quite the experience, and I’ve just stumbled upon a nice little DIY for recreating this activity at home now that Summer’s chilly nights are approaching. Jump over to the Beautiful Mess to see How to Make Your Own Fire Pit in 4 Steps.
4. Traveling around the world, exploring new places, cultures, meeting people is just as great as it sounds. But, we all get caught up in our own worlds, with our separate duties and responsibilities, whether it’s studies, work, personal business, kids, and whatnot. Oh, yeah, and money. It always feels to me that in order to do that I’m gonna need an army to help me with my everyday tasks, and to win the lottery ’cause who’s gonna pay for all that. But, none of this means that people don’t do it. It just means that you have to be smart about it. Here’s how Ashley Rose from Sugar and Cloth is doing all the travelling, while keeping her blog up and running. She also has some great tips on how to travel without going broke or anything.
5. Okay, now this is an article that feels like I’ve written it. It totally resonates with me, and it’s actually something very similar (in a way) to what I have written in this episode of Awesome Reads Around (number 1, and also, in case you missed the article I was then talking about, make sure to check it now, it’s really, really great). So, Are we Getting Influence All Wrong by the Darling Magazine. Go read.
What are some of your favorite articles from around? Maybe something you wrote? Share it in comments, I’d love to give it a read!