5 Articles from Around that are hundreds of times more interesting than what’s on my shampoo bottle.
1. Us girls go through a lot to look the way we want to. “Pretty” takes hard work, some might argue, and I totally agree. And it’s not at all about what magazines, celebrities, social media and so on, tell (how we should dress, how our make-up and hair should look, weight..). That’s much deeper issue, and one that I have no intention writing about now. It’s about the ordinary, everyday habits us “normal” girls have when it comes to how we want to look and be perceived. And all the troubles that come in that path. Over at the Bright Side, they’ve shared French artist Cécile Dormeau’s illustrations that perfectly captures what we gals “struggle” with. Check the article here.
2. A selection of this year’s Sony World Photography Contest winners – 65 wonderfully amazing photographs capturing different kinds of moments, emotions, souls, beings… I honestly tried selecting few of my favorites, which turned out to be every second, and it was only every second (not every single one) because, you know, “select few favorites..”. It’s too hard, they’re all just too amazing. Check the gallery here (where you can also vote for your favorite, if you are better than me at actually deciding which one will it be).
3. Getting that thing you want most, whether it’s related to your love life, business/career, the family or friends sector, etc. often means giving up on something else. Life always finds a way to teach you that you can’t always have it all. But, that’s not always such a bad thing. It doesn’t mean that it’s going to be, I don’t know, traumatic or horrible. What at one point seems really important can naturally turn into something that’s no longer in (almost) anyway beneficial for one’s well being. You’re just going to have to accept it, come to terms with it & move on. It’s a sacrifice, yes, but it doesn’t at all mean that it’s that great of a loss. Here you’ll find what these 10 ridiculously (in the good way) successful people have sacrificed in order to get where they are (ridiculously successful).
4. Going through everyday life comes with a struggle. Whether it’s about going out where there are people, it’s loud, it’s a party, and it’s not yours so you can’t cry if you want to, or about taking a good night’s sleep when you seem to be totally unable to close your eyes to begin with, let alone sleep, the struggle is real. Sanesparza is an artist who, through her artwork, cuts to the core of these everyday struggles we all face at some point, and you can check them out + have a good laugh about it here.
5. I love being the hostess (sounded like Monica). From casual coffee dates with few friends at my place, to birthday parties with more than 20 people. I love it. But what we here lack of, is a more conceptual kind of entertaining. I mean, I’m not saying that I don’t like my coffee-dates with my friends, I love them! But, how about a little, say, wine tasting besties date? It includes friends, it’s not something that happens all the time, it sounds so much fun while also full-grown up thing, and the last but definitely not least, wine. The Everygirl has just about everything you need to know in order to throw the most kick-ass wine tasting party with your friends, including free printables for yours and your friends’ tasting notes + a full shopping list. I so wanna do this!