Updating my Gift Wrapping Station with this DIY Shooting Stars, which is as fun as it is colorful.
It’s been a while since I last updated my gift wrapping station (which still isn’t quite installed, it still doesn’t have its very own place, or a corner or whatnot, but I’m working on it), I almost forgot how fun that actually is. And in case you’ve gotten a little rusty with your DIY gift-related-shit, or any type of DIY for that matter, I hope this episode of paper crafts (called DIY Shooting Stars, which now that I think about it, could’ve also be named Stars that Poop Colors) will sparkle your creativity.
While there are tons of amazing greeting cards, wrapping paper, and all sorts of gift-wrapping staples (Julie Ann Art is my absolute favorite) that you can buy, it’s always awesome to make something yourself, don’t you agree? It takes its time, sure, but it’s so rewarding, I mean just think of the face of the person when you gift them something you yourself made (except, of course, if you’re a Chandler, and what you making’s called Flarlart or something like that; they’re not gonna love your gift, and you’re not gonna quite love what their face’s doing). This DIY Shooting Stars actually came from a different DIY idea related to gifts (which I’ll soon be sharing with you, and I think you’re gonna love it), it was totally unexpected, but I love how they turned out. Head on below for the What-s and How-To-s.
DIY Shooting Stars.
– Self-Adhesive Glitter Foam Sheet (here)
– Star Mold Cutter (or if you don’t have one, make a star mold of the foam by drawing the star yourself, like I did, and then just hand-copy-paste it)
– Different Colored Card-stock Paper
– Paper Cutting Machine (here)
1. Cut the glittery stars (as many as you like).
2. By using the cutting machine, cut thin strip of the paper, which as you cut it, will become wavy. Like on the picture below.
*Note: If the paper is thicker, you’ll need to cut a thinner strips, so that they get wavy. And vise-verse with thinner paper.
3. Detach the protective layer off the foam, and start adhering your wavy paper strips, one by one.
4. That’s pretty much it. Ridiculously easy and so, so fun!
Anything from your gift wrapping station you made yourself? Share it in comments, I’d love to see your creative side!