Easy Breezy Paper Crafts // DIY Easter Bunny Favor Bags.
I wanted to do something of an Easter Favor Baggy since last year. But I was a little late with the preps then, so I had do cross many things I actually really liked of the list. This year things are different. Since I’m really excited for having my besties’ kids, and my neighbors’ too, over for the day, I decided to start crossing the things I love the most off the Easter list first. So, I started with the Pom Poms Bunny Wall Garland, and now the Easter Bunny Favor Bags.
I ordered these grey and white striped paper bags, and I must say, it’s a pretty great deal – 11 dollars for 200 paper bags. And it’s not just that they perfectly fit the wall garland color combo, but also I got lots of birthday parties, favors and stuff covered for a while. Two hundred paper bags, dude. With the Bunny Bags, I just added different colored pom poms to cheer things up a bit. It was a pretty easy DIY and I love how it all turned out. Continue below to see the process.
– Wool or Already Made Pom Poms (you can find a pretty nice alternative here);
– Glue Gun;
– Paper Bags (here);
– Whole Punchers (in case you don’t already own: here and here);
– white card stock paper;
– a pen (or you can print the Happy Easter or Hoppy Easter would be fun too);
– thread or thin rope;
1. Star by deciding how many of the bags you’ll actually need, and then assemble everything you’ll need (on the list above).
2. By using the hot glue gun, glue the pom poms on the paper bag, where you want them to be. Make sure to put only a little of the hot glue (little less than a pea). It’s a strong glue and you don’t want it to ruin the bag.
3. Once you’ve glued all the pom poms on the bags, cut the upper side of each bag (where stuff gets in) bunny-ears like.
4. By using the circle puncher, make the white circles. Then with the small whole puncher, punch the wholes for the thread. Write down something (Happy Easter, the names of each person you’re gonna give the bags to, and so on).
5. Tie the thread to the circles.
6. You don’t have to fill it with stuff yet, it’s early for Easter. I’ve put some chocolate eggs this time, for the post, even though I have a slightly different plan for actual Easter. Anyhow, skip this step until the day before the holiday. Put the bags and everything that goes along aside. When the time comes, just put whatever you want in each bag, tie the bags below the glued pom pom and done.
a little Behind the Scenes.
Like I said, it’s way to early to fill the Easter Bunny Bags with Favors. I had to do it for the sake of this post. However I didn’t have enough chocolate eggs to fill all the bags that I needed for the photo shoot, so I had to improvise…
How do you like this? Any Easter DIY Ideas? Share them in comments, I’d love to hear you out.
Also, if you liked this, don’t forget to pin it!