Jewelry Board Budget Friendly DIY // Letter Boards are having a moment, but what’s best about them, other than displaying cool sayings and whatnot, is you can display your jewelry on them too. Head on below to see how to make it.
When I first bought several different colored felt sheets, I’ve been actually meaning to make one of those cool letter boards.. You know the ones (examples here, here & here). But I couldn’t find the letters needed for this little project (and dear ol’ Amazon doesn’t seem to wanna ship in Macedonia), so until I get my hands on those, of course I’m gonna use the felt for something else. So I started thinking of other ways I can use the felt I have (and there will be different felt-projects on the blog soon probably). But then it hit me – the letter board itself can also be used as a jewelry board! It was totally an obvious solution, but man, do I love it when these sorts of things happen.
Anyways, given how this was a try, and I didn’t want to ruin a larger frame, I opted for this mini black frame I got from Ikea that I still haven’t used in any way. It was a piece of cake this project, I’ll tell you. And definitely a nice little accent piece where I can display some of the things I really love. Jewelry Board Budget Friendly DIY with photos and everything – below!
Jewelry Board Budget Friendly DIY.
– Frame (this one here is 5×7″)
– Felt (around 2 to 3 sheets, if you’re making one in the same size like mine)
– Bamboo Sticks
– Glue Gun
1. Measure your frame, then measure and cut the bamboo sticks.
2. Cut the felt in strips, in the same length as the bamboo sticks, with around 2 cm width. Fold the felt sheet around the bamboo sticks and glue with the glue gun.
3. Glue each of the felt-covered sticks to the inside part of the frame, so that you make sure nothing falls off later, when you’re actually using it.
Hang your jewelry, and well, I’ll say you deserve a drink. Or cake or something. Both, yes!
I got these owl earrings more than 5 years ago, I absolutely love them, but I’d completely forgotten about them. Which won’t happen anymore with ma’ new board. What’s the piece of jewelry you love the most?