5 Inspiring and all-kinds of Awesome Articles Worth Checking Out.
1. I’m a person who loves taking something old and restoring its natural beauty in a creative, modern and functional way. But I’m talking small stuff. Like an old wooden board, a sofa perhaps, a wardrobe, and so on. Now imagine a house. Or actually, to be as close to the truth as possible, an old cement factory. This architect Ricardo Bofill discovered this old cement factory, that looks a lot like an industrial castle, in 1973 and turned it into an exceptional home. He really stepped it up with each room different than the other, lots of hang-out spots all around. He kinda “dialed down” the cold that cement brings with nature all around the house, and even on top. While, personally, I can’t see myself living in a huge house like this, with high walls and ceiling, this sure is one extraordinary piece of work. Architects, right? Check the article + gallery on the Bored Panda here.
2. We all know relationships are not easy. It’s not something that can just happen to you and it’s all great without you making it that way. And I’ve had my share of not-that-great relationships to know that this is entirely true. Having and obtaining a strong relationship that actually lasts requires a lot of work from both sides. I’ve stumbled upon this article about the rules of a healthy relationship, and since I’m not an expert in the field, I thought it would be much more useful if you’ve read it from the experts themselves. Yes, it’s not easy, but installing these (or at least some of these) 9 habits in your love life, might just help you take your relationship to the next level. Check out this awesome read here.
3. This day started rather shitty. I mean, it didn’t all go wrong, of course, thankfully. But I had a little, I’m gonna say “career set back”, and it didn’t feel great. However, lately, I’ve started learning this new way of dealing with this types of things (when you feel like shit has just gone sideways) and it’s been rather helpful. First, when something starts going wrong, instead of worrying about it, I started searching for the cause of this. There must’ve been something that I just didn’t do right. Second, instead of crying over something, I try to focus on what I already have and what I’m grateful about. This little thing has managed to calm me most of the times. However, there are times (like this morning) when these little trick don’t do the job entirely. Luckily, I’ve found this article and it did the job. Jump here to see the 8 things to remember when everything seems to be going wrong.
4. Lots of dogs struggle with separation anxiety, and Phoebe is one of them. Whenever we’re about to leave the house and her alone, she would get all tensed, she starts shivering uncontrollably. It’s almost heartbreaking. However, there might be a way to kinda calm our anxious dogs, and yes it is with music. And while classical music has that calming effect on us humans, dogs seem to like a different soothing tunes – reggae. Who would’ve thought? You can read the story here. I’m definitely trying this!
5. French women are recognizable for their impeccable and daring fashion style, perfumes, make up used to emphasize their natural beauty, great skin. They are elegant and alluring. So, of course I’ll be interesting in reading about what the French are doing to look like that. If you are interested in trying out the beauty formula of a French Girl, consider reading this article.